Friday, April 24, 2009

National Aviary Pittsburgh, February 2, 2009


Since the Steelers played in the Super Bowl on February 1, I decided to take February 2 off of work to recover. My idea of recovery was to spend a few hours at the National Aviary on Pittsburgh’s North Side. If you have never been there, it is a very interesting place to visit. It is broken up into different habitats for various species of birds. You could pretty much call it a zoo for birds.



I arrived shortly after the aviary opened for the day, it wasn’t very crowded so there were times that I had the place almost all to myself. I got all sorts of pictures including Brown Pelicans, Boat Billed Herons, Wood Ducks, Flamingos, Scarlet Ibis, Spoonbills, Harlequin Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Inca Terns and many other species.



I monkeyed around here for over 3 hours getting shots of just about anything I could see. It was a great, relaxing day.

No comments: