Friday, April 10, 2009

My Yard January 18, 2009

I had some free time but no good scouting reports mainly because all of the lakes and ponds in the area were frozen. I decided just to sit in the yard and see what I could get from the bird feeders there. It was cold so I layered up and sat under the deck with the camera.




I got some good shots of Song Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Tufted Titmice, Black-Capped Chickadees, Mourning Doves and Northern Cardinals.



I was patient enough to watch the song sparrows to see where they were going. It turns out that they had some roosts or nests under my neighbor’s deck. Each time they would come back out to feed they would perch on the lattice on the edge of the deck before going to the feeders. I was lucky enough to get a few shots of them sitting there, staging before their snack.


No comments: